Thursday, April 5, 2012

I got a sailboat

This was going to be my sailboat, it is a 1987 macgregor 25.  I really liked the feel of this boat, even though I only boarded her while at dock.  Inside, was far more accommodating than what I would have expected.  She was also much larger than what I would have expected a 25ft to look like.

The owner, wasn't very interested in selling her, and after I checked her out in person we stopped contacting one another.  I have a feeling, he kept the boat.  The price I was going to pay was $2,000 It included four sails, and an 8 hp outboard.



While I was checking out that sailboat, I was also inquiring about others.  There was a Venture of Newport listed at $3,500  I exchanged a few emails with the owner, and wished her the best in selling her.  A couple of weeks later I noticed the price going down on her craigslist listing.  At the time I was still interested in buying the Macgregor 25.  Unfortunately, $2,000 was a bit steep for my wife, plus the fact the owner did not seem at all interested in selling her.  So a couple days after viewing the Mac 25, I noticed the Venture of Newport price reduced to $600













So here she is, at my home.  We bought her for $600.  She is a bit smaller inside and out than the 25, I can not sit up inside of her, so I have to slouch a bit.  Despite what people say on the internet the popup top is not giving me 6' headroom.  Perhaps the supporting poles on mine need to be replaced.  But, I really do love her and the look of her.  She is a classy looking sailboat, and also she is a cutter.  But, she is filthy right now.  I'm in the process of cleaning her up and hope to get mos of the grime out.






No comments:

Post a Comment