Friday, September 6, 2013

I got a job!!!

Wow, it took long enough.  After probably thousands of applications, I found a real job, where I make a difference in people's lives.  I've been working there part time for the past month, but did not want to post until I past the month mark, and was accepted by the employees and employer.

I know that is silly, but I really did think I would jinx myself.  You have to figure, four years of trying with extremely limited success has to wear on the psychology of someone lol.

At any rate, it is working at a thrift store (no names, don't want to jeopardize the job just in case) that sells merchandise to help the poor.  I can actually feel good about going to work, because my labor is helping out someone and it is honest.  The pay is only slightly over minimum wage, at $8.00 an hour.. but I am fine with that.    It is 30 hours a week, and for someone who lives as frugal as I do it is a lot of money.

Labor Ready is hard work, it is inconsistent and you are sometimes treated like garbage.  I would suggest it to people who are as desperate as I was though.  The company doesn't pay much for the effort you put in, but it is work.  I would also suggest to seek out filling out surveys, even though the pay is lousy.. check out survey police on google, to find reviews on the different sites.  Be weary of scammers out there, never spend money to make money on these sites.  Most of all, I wish any of you going through hard times the best of luck.



After we catch up on a few bills, fix up our girls rooms, fix our central A/C, and save for Christmas the boat will start resuming repairs.

Family comes first of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment