Friday, June 22, 2012

First day of water fast

Today marks the completion of my first day fasting, and cutting back on my nicotine intake.  Overall, it has been a good experience as my headache is gone, I don't feel depressed, disoriented, or dizzy.. this is the first time in a week, so something is working right.  I have had a high pitched whine in my right ear for the past week though, and it is still here.  I'm hoping that goes away, as my blood pressure drops through out this fast.

I'm not sure how long I will continue the fast for, so it is just going to be a day to day thing with no goals set up.  It is not the first time I have done it, I have done a one week fast in the past and it wasn't so bad.  The first two days were the most miserable, but after that the hunger pains mostly go away.  I'm also taking supplements to ensure I get the minerals and vitamins my body needs.  The last time I did it, was to lose weight.  This time it is for health concerns, so hopefully that will be a powerful motivator to keep me going.

One major pain is, I was really looking forward to having a few beers tonight.  Fridays are my beer nights, where I sit back relax drink several lite beers and listen to some music.  Such is life though, at any rate I will save that for when I quit this fast as a reward.

In other news, I may have a job tomorrow delivering newspapers.  If that doesn't work out, then it is off to Iowa to start my trucking career.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment